I will have my own vid here soon… For now here is 1974 Nobel Laureate in Economics F.A. Hayek…
THE PRIMARY CIVIC DUTY: ECONOMICS FOR CITIZENS
- Epic Games Sues Google Play: Scared of Competition "Google’s conduct does not prevent an innovator from making its own spot. Epic chooses to squander resources on legal actions, rather than developing better products for both vendors and consumers." ~Peter Clark
- Why Ordinary People Enable Totalitarians, Part 1 "After the First World War in Germany, peace came with hyperinflation, which obliterated all wealth. The bonds of civilization fray during hyperinflation." ~Barry Brownstein
- Untold Story: One Man’s Battle Against Nazi IdeologyOn this episode of Liberty Curious, Kate Wand and Samuel Gregg discuss the life and ideas of Wilhelm Röpke, an economics professor who was exiled from Germany in the 1930s for defending liberty and opposing the National Socialists.
- After Veterans Day"One would be hard-pressed to defend a military action in recent decades that has had a demonstrably immediate connection to protecting our way of life." ~Paul Schwennesen
- Fake Meat: More Entrée or Agenda? "The plant-based alternatives industry appears to be facing its first true market test and doing poorly. It is a much smaller market than producers perceived, due to the noisy signals and political distortions of Conspicuous Production." ~Phillip W. Magness and Peter C. Earle
- Argentina’s Rampant Inflation, Explained (in One Chart)"Whichever definition one prefers to use — an expansion of the money supply which leads to price increases, or a broad and sustained increase in consumer prices — inflation is caused by the governments and central banks who control the money supply." ~Jon Miltimore
- A Short Guide to ESG: Goals"ESG goals are not primarily about shareholder value and enterprise value. The goals are often counter to the interests of shareholders and large segments of society." ~Paul Mueller
- Business Conditions Monthly October 2023"While we continue to impartially and vigilantly assess incoming data, our current analysis still points to a recession occurring before September 2024 as the most probable scenario." ~Peter C. Earle
- Let the Market, Not Government, Decide the Fate of EVs"Both for equity and economic efficiency, government inducements to hasten the number of EVs or charging stations are a bad idea. Governments can better spend taxpayers’ monies. EVs have a promising future." ~Kenneth W. Costello
- What Might Have Been"Wasteful uses of resources necessarily result in some economic opportunities that are possible being rendered impossible. What were these foregone opportunities?" ~Donald J. Boudreaux
- A Message to Fellow IT/Software Pros June 7, 2020
- Why Rome’s Best Emperor Shunned Government SchoolsMarcus Aurelius is widely regarded as Rome’s finest emperor. It’s a good bet that were he with us today, he would be an advocate for school choice.
- Why Is There A Dyslexia Epidemic?Perhaps coercive schooling and increasingly unreasonable “state-approved” standards are the real problem.
- Three Principles for Libertarians in Times of WarSiding with freedom means siding with peaceful individuals, not nation-states.
- Why I Don’t Think the Population Will Collapse in the Long RunElon Musk says the number one threat to humanity is a population collapse. Is he right?
- If Your Kids Aren’t Happy at School, Find Them Another OneIf your children are not happy at school, there’s never been a better time to exit for something else.