I will have my own vid here soon… For now here is 1974 Nobel Laureate in Economics F.A. Hayek…
THE PRIMARY CIVIC DUTY: ECONOMICS FOR CITIZENS
- Do We Still Have the Will To Continue as a Free Society?"Do we have the will to continue to exist as a free and polite society, steeped in the ideas of liberty, reason, and justice? Or have we succumbed to a tragic case of civilizational fatigue where we are now disinterested in holding onto what we used to be? Without a serious commitment to reclaiming our […]
- How Did the Life Insurance Industry Survive the Pandemic?"It is of course a good thing that life insurers did not exacerbate the financial stresses brought on by the pandemic or its mitigation policies, which did indeed turn out to be the worst since the New Deal as I suggested in April 2020. ‘Tis a shame that nobody followed my suggestion, made that same […]
- Why I am Not a Neoliberal"The world of emergency policy-making under the direct guidance of epidemiology modeling is illustrative not only in its scientific failures, but its habit of placing deliberative democratic institutions and even cherished constitutional rights in a subservient position to what they herald as 'the science.' The final twist, however, is that the neoliberalism critics on the […]
- The Iceman Cometh Not"During the winter of 1918-1919, not much ice was harvested and stored away. New York City faced an ice famine. The city faced the prospects of riots and the starvation of children, said some. The legislature repealed the act establishing an Ice Comptroller, and the market found an equilibrium given the shortage of natural ice. […]
- China’s Role in Global Lockdowns: The Smoking GunThis time last year, Americans were blindsided by a shocking policy to shut down the US economy to control a virus. The presumption of the officials who enacted this policy is that it would be far more deadly than it turned out to be. They further presumed that the virus could be controlled using state […]
- February Payrolls Jump but Details Are Less Robust“Payrolls posted a big gain in February, but breadth was modest across the economy and many labor measures are still well below pre-pandemic levels.” – Robert Hughes
- The Great Reopening"Please do not give up hope. In the Spring of last year, all seemed lost. As the Spring comes again, we are again reminded that history is nothing more than what we make of it. We are not its victims but its authors. Freedom will return!" ~ Edward Peter Stringham
- Politicians Turn Problems Into Power"Politicians make grandiose claims about their various and sundry programs because those claims resonate with the people who receive government largesse. In the end, people receive pennies on the dollar compared to what they could have received had we decided just to write a check. Our government has become a tool that politicians use to […]
- The Emancipation of Texas"Even in the face of danger, Texas prefers the risk of freedom over the false security of obeying someone else’s belief of how life should be lived. Now they have their freedoms back. May they learn once again, as my Texas ancestors did, that they must fight never to have their freedoms taken away again." […]
- Paternalism Remains Public Enemy Numero Uno"So much easier, it is, to use the coercive power of the state to fund pet projects than to convince numerous individuals to give of their own accord! But take it from one who knows, paternalism most often leads to toil and trouble. Cancel not, lest ye be cancelled; he who summons the demons of […]
- A Message to Fellow IT/Software Pros June 7, 2020
- Democrats Just Snuck a $1 Billion Tax Hike on Workers Into Their COVID BillA tax expert warned that IRS penalties ‘can destroy a person’s life’ and said many gig economy workers won’t be able to afford this sudden tax hike.
- House Republicans Working to Block New ‘Wall Street Tax’ ProposalsProposed ‘Wall Street’ taxes would hurt the economy, reduce American competitiveness, and harm working families’ investments.
- AOC’s Denmark Comparison on the $15 Federal Minimum Wage, DebunkedThe congresswoman’s US-Denmark comparison is misleading in multiple ways.
- Pat Toomey and Brown University Economist Refute Anti-Capitalist Narrative at Senate Hearing on ‘Racial Wealth Gap’They made the case for free-market capitalism by citing the vast rise in economic growth, the standard of living, and the expansion of opportunity it has brought to Americans of all backgrounds.
- Woke Educators Release Letter Declaring Objective Math a Form of ‘White Supremacy’Here’s how parents can push back on the alarming ideology that’s infecting our children’s classrooms.