THE PRIMARY CIVIC DUTY: ECONOMICS FOR CITIZENS
- Markets Feed the Poor, Government Creates Them – The Misguided Economics of Pope Francis"We should be wary of eating the seed corn – but also wary of killing the proverbial goose that lays the golden eggs. The world's poor deserve no less than the full opportunity of market exchange." ~ Hannah Mead Kling, Julia R. Norgaard & Nikolai G. Wenzel
- How Yellowstone Portrays the American Creed"The success of the Dutton family depicts the best parts of capitalism (a system based on incentives, trade-offs, and transactions) and the worst parts of cronyism (a system based on rent-seeking for power positions and policy preferences in the political realm)." ~ Kimberlee Josephson
- Congress Can Restore the Integrity of the Dollar"The historical record is clear: Gold-backed money is fully capable of delivering short-run stability and long-run prosperity. The Fed can’t." ~ David Brat & Alexander William Salter
- Forgetful Fauci’s Deposition: All Those Lies Are Hard to Keep Straight"Fauci’s evasions leave us with more questions than answers - and more clues that he used his position as a top official at a powerful government agency to persecute and suppress dissenting scientific beliefs." ~ Phillip W. Magness and James R. Harrigan
- The Governmentalization of Social Affairs"More liberty means less government, and less government means less miserableness, servility, fickleness, hypocrisy, denial, mendacity, baseness, and degeneracy. Liberal backbone checks the evil that is the governmentalization of social affairs." ~ Daniel B. Klein
- A Birthday No One Celebrates"The birth 100 years ago of the USSR is reason to reflect on the indomitable human spirit that cannot be contained by systems of government that do not foster liberty under the rule of law." ~ Will Sellers
- The Free Markets Case You Haven’t Heard About"More than what’s perceived as a culture-war fight, 303 Creative may have significant implications for the freedom of market participants to develop and sell their own unique talents without government regulation of what they may say." ~ Cynthia Fleming Crawford
- Services-Sector Activity Accelerated in November“Services-sector survey suggests expansion continued in November, and respondents were generally optimistic. However, the outlook for the economy remains highly uncertain.” ~ Robert Hughes
- Unit Auto Sales Fell in November“Light-vehicle sales fell in November following a rise in inventory and drop in prices in October.” ~ Robert Hughes
- Crypto Bad!"When people say crypto bad, we have first to ask: what specific aspect of the cryptocurrency industry are you talking about? Then the follow-up question must always be: compared to what?" ~ Max Borders
- A Message to Fellow IT/Software Pros June 7, 2020
- 5 Easy Steps for Improving Your Credit ScoreBy following these easy steps, I was able to raise my credit score by nearly 100 points in just four months.
- Artificial Intelligence Wrote This Article on Property RightsTechnology continues to exceed our wildest speculations
- How a Third-Grade Teacher Used Competition to Fix My Son’s Reading StrugglesLike many children, he had fallen behind in reading during the pandemic.
- Why This Runoff Voter Is Hopeful about Georgia's Record-Breaking Early TurnoutIn a free society where all are equal under the law, even the administrators wait at the back of the line.
- 40,000 Traffic Fatalities a Year Is Not Acceptable. So Why Do We Accept It Year After Year?How many more people must die before we even seriously contemplate the privatization of our nation’s highways?
- Paul Pelosi Is Attacked, So Naturally the Capitol Police Want More Money
- Double Your Gift Today!
- College Loans and Hazlitt's Lesson: Ignoring the Larger Picture
- In Jamaica, the Tourists Party On behind High Walls and Locked Gates
- The Student Murders in Idaho Highlight the Unimpressive Police Record on Violent Crime