THE PRIMARY CIVIC DUTY: ECONOMICS FOR CITIZENS
- Wishing that Hans Rosling Were Still Alive"People around the world, engulfed by the fear instinct, have allowed themselves to be stirred by the media – and by their political 'leaders' – into an hysterical terror over Covid-19. It’s too bad that Hans Rosling is not alive in 2020 to help the forces of sanity fight Covid Derangement Syndrome." ~ Donald J. […]
- The Legacy of Thanksgiving is Free Enterprise"It is time to take their experience to heart and celebrate not the collectivism with which they began their start in the New World, but the spirit of liberty, private property, self-responsibility, and freedom of enterprise which they and those who came to America in the following centuries left to us as a legacy of […]
- Medical Supplies Are Too Important to Leave to a National Supply Commander"Managing medical supply production and distribution is a most unnecessary attention for a central planner. As Smith points out, it is nowhere so dangerous as in the hands of a man who had folly and presumption enough to fancy himself fit to exercise it." ~ Art Carden
- Asymptomatic Spread Revisited"We keep hearing about how we should follow the science. The claim is tired by now. We know what’s really happening. The lockdown lobby ignores whatever contradicts their narrative, preferring unverified anecdotes over an actual scientific study of 10 million residents in what was the world’s first major hotspot for the disease we are trying […]
- Covid Governments and Social Harmony"In a free society, trading, perusing wares, socializing and enjoying the company of others are mutually beneficial, innocent and harmonious actions. In a government-mandated Covid society, these wants are now antagonistic."~ Joakim Book
- An Education in Viruses and Public Health, from Michael Yeadon, Former VP of PfizerThis video provides one of the most erudite and informative looks at Covid-19 and the consequences of lockdowns. It was remarkable this week to watch as it appeared on YouTube and was forcibly taken down only 2 hours after posting. The copy below is hosted on LBRY, a blockchain video application. In a year of […]
- Giving Thanks for Our Mutual Dependence"We need not surrender to authoritarian politicians our own moral agency to care for others. While some try to tear the ties that bind us, we can express gratitude for the great chain of human connection holding us together. We can celebrate the relationships that set us free and make the modern world possible." ~ […]
- The Blizzard of Bogus Journalism on Covid"The world is being seriously misled by major media organs. The politicians are continuing to panic and impose draconian controls, fully nine months into this, and despite mountains of evidence of the real harm the lockdowns are causing everyone. If you haven’t lost faith in politicians and major media at this point, you have paid […]
- Important Factors Driving Bitcoin’s Drastic Growth in 2020"The swift growth of Bitcoin signals a number of important financial milestones as well as warning signs. Signals that not only lend some support to the cryptocurrency’s value but also provide important insight into our current state of financial affairs." ~ Ethan Yang
- Lockdowns Stunt Women’s Progress"Over the past one hundred years, the country created a space where women could more easily work, attain higher education, open businesses, and be freer economic agents. Now, lockdown policies and their advocates are forcing a massive step backward in gender equality and women’s economic freedom." ~ Amelia Janaskie
- A Message to Fellow IT/Software Pros June 7, 2020
- The Government's Reckless Student Lending is Creating a Budget Hole Akin to the 2008 Crisis, New Analysis ShowsIt will eventually take roughly $3,000 out of the pocket of every federal taxpayer.
- Lockdowns Not Linked With Lower COVID Death Rates, New Study FindsThe researchers found that the criteria most associated with a high death rate was life expectancy, though higher COVID death rates were also observed in certain geographic regions.
- 4 Radical Policies That Could Pass if Democrats Win the Georgia Senate RunoffsHere are four radical policy proposals that GOP control of the Senate would take off the table.
- Waffle House’s Stand Against Lockdowns Is Exactly What America Needs—AlmostWaffle House CEO Walt Ehmer’s stance against lockdowns is courageous, but ultimately bolder action may be required to save businesses from the pernicious effects of lockdowns.
- Entrepreneurship Is Accelerating at the Fastest Rate in Decades During This PandemicAmericans are pushing past the grimness to create and invent during this challenging time.
- Inflation and the French Revolution: The Story of a Monetary Catastrophe
- MMT Explained with Dr. Robert Murphy
- What Chile’s Vote to Change Its Constitution Means for Its Future
- The United Nations and the Origins of "The Great Reset"
- The Dystopian "Fourth Industrial Revolution" Will Be Very Different from the First One