THE PRIMARY CIVIC DUTY: ECONOMICS FOR CITIZENS
- Liberty in Peril"Liberty is certainly in peril — what’s left of it. Can anything rekindle the love that Americans once had for liberty and reverse the upward ratchet of government control?" ~ George Leef
- Inflation and Consumer Welfare: Don’t Forget the Supply Side!"Let’s keep our eye on the supply side. We should be making every effort, policy-wise, to ease restrictions on production and exchange. That will help both in the short run and the long run." ~ Alexander W. Salter
- Marijuana Legalization: Corporate America Now Leading the Way"Although government plays a role in confronting abuse, civil institutions have an even more important role in creating informal rules for drug use. We increasingly see this process at work, illustrating an important expansion of liberty in Americans’ lives." ~ Doug Bandow
- Money and the Constitution"The dubious constitutionality of the Federal Reserve System set up in 1912 might have been overlooked if it had provided price stability, lower unemployment, or enhanced economic growth." ~ Robert F. Mulligan
- Time for Washington to Stop Sanctioning the World: US Arrogance Leaves Trail of Innocent Victims Behind"America’s sanctions policy is both costly and cruel, with the gains rarely worth the resulting human harm. The Biden administration should review current policy and sharply limit the use of economic sanctions." ~ Doug Bandow
- Five College Campus Myths"Many college students and young people are remarkably receptive to economic theory, but lack the experience with mainline economic education and research to come to sound economic conclusions on their own." ~ David Gillette & Lauren Frazier
- Pennsylvania’s Road to Serfdom (and Freedom’s to Perdition)"Pennsylvania’s updated 'climate action plan,' as were all previous plans, is a recipe for economic disaster and society’s mutual demise. Never has such 'forward thinking' been so utterly backward and ignorant." ~ Colin McNickle
- Groceries Feed Gains in the Everyday Price Index in September“AIER’s Everyday Price Index posted its tenth consecutive increase in September led by groceries. Prices of many goods and services continue to be distorted by the lingering effects of the pandemic including shortages, logistical and supply chain issues, and labor problems. As these distortions fade, price pressures are likely to ease.” – Robert Hughes
- Assessing Market Expectations of Inflation"Those denying any risk that inflation will remain above target or confidently predicting that 4 percent inflation will be the new normal, are not within the range of reasonable. They are rightly ridiculed." ~ William J. Luther
- Capital Accumulation and the Reconciliation Package"Misguided tax hikes on businesses and individuals that discourage saving and diminish funds for private investment must be avoided. Neglecting this legislation’s adverse impact on capital accumulation means robbing future prosperity for the sake of the present social ends." ~ Theodore A. Gebhard
- A Message to Fellow IT/Software Pros June 7, 2020
- Dollar Tree Loses its 35 Year War with InflationWhy is Dollar Tree Raising Prices after 35 Years?
- Vaccination Rates Not Linked to Lower COVID Rates, Epidemiology Paper FindsA new paper in the European Journal of Epidemiology that analyzed 168 countries and 2,947 US counties found that higher vaccination rates were not associated with fewer COVID-19 cases.
- Lockdowns Coincided With Record-Breaking Drug Overdose Fatalities, New CDC Data ShowThe sad yet inescapable conclusion is that in their efforts to halt one public health crisis, the authorities fueled another.
- The Pandora Papers Are a Political Ploy to Undermine Economic FreedomTax havens are not only legal, they are morally ethical.
- The Strange Justifications Behind the Unprecedented Food Stamp Expansion—Which Will Raise the Cap to $836 Per MonthThis year’s "Thrifty Food Plan" was clearly designed to balloon Food Stamps.
- The End of the Abe Administration—The End of Abenomics? Books on Past and Present in the Japanese Political Economy
- Why Today's Abusers of the Scientific Method Are So Dangerous
- Why Did Google Ads Ban LewRockwell.com?
- Nord Stream 2: The Value of German-Russian Cooperation
- How the Fed's Easy Money Spurred Today's Financial Frenzies